You have a human right to respectful, safe, and quality care during your pregnancy and birthing experience. What does this mean?
You have a right to…
- Respect, dignity, and nondiscrimination throughout your care
- Education, information about your pregnancy, childbirth, and decisions made throughout your care
- Ask questions, participate in decisions, and provide informed consent for anything related to your well-being and that of your child
- Quality, respectful care that honors your choices, preferences, preferred language, culture, religion, or traditions
- Personal support before, during, and after your pregnancy and childbirth