You and your partner have a human right to respectful, safe and quality care during your birthing experience. What does this mean?
You have a right to…
- Respect, dignity, and nondiscrimination throughout your care
- Education, information about your partner’s pregnancy, childbirth, and decisions made throughout your family’s care
- Ask questions, participate in decisions, and provide informed consent for anything related to your family’s well-being and that of your child
- Quality, respectful care that honors your choices, preferences, preferred language, culture, religion, or traditions
- Personal support before, during, and after your family’s pregnancy and childbirth
Read more about your rights and what to expect in your family’s pregnancy and birth experience.